Donor Bestows Gift of Tranquility

Donor Bestows Gift of Tranquility

A space for remembrance, prayer, contemplation, or meditation…welcome to the Tranquility Garden on the Warwick Woodlands Campus. On Friday, June 10, MMC residents and staff gathered together for the dedication of the new Tranquility Garden. A brief ceremony included...

Herbal Society at MMC Spices Things Ups

Herbal Society at MMC Spices Things Ups

At Moravian Manor Communities, the Herbal Society is spicing up retirement living in Lititz. Residents Sue Burrell and Lucy Meinsler, founding members of the society, sought to create an herb and edible flower garden for the chefs to use in a variety of dishes served...

Seek to Understand

Seek to Understand

The well-known prayer of St. Francis says, “Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted. To understand, than to be understood. To love than to be loved.” Steven Covey’s bestselling book, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People,” borrows part...

Community Basics Nears Completion with Saxony Ridge

Community Basics Nears Completion with Saxony Ridge

Community Basics and Moravian Manor Communities are proud to announce that after 15 months of construction, the Saxony Ridge Apartments are planned to be open December 1, 2022. The 62-unit apartment building for persons age 62 or older, is currently accepting names...

The Butterfly Lady

The Butterfly Lady

It was a beautiful summer morning when Carol Minnich and I met at her Warwick Woodlands Campus home. Sitting on her front porch with a smile on her face and wearing a beautiful felted wool butterfly pin, a recent gift from her daughter, it didn’t take long for me to...

Chaplain’s Corner

Chaplain’s Corner

A Mother's Gift Tells A Coloful StoryThe Rev. Timothy Naisby As far back as I can remember, my mother and father have been using their creative gifts to bring beauty into this world. Quilts for a new born baby, wooden toy boxes painted with Noah’s Ark, prayer shawls...

Lamplighters Open Doors with Raised Funds

Lamplighters Open Doors with Raised Funds

Last year, thanks to many generous donors, the Lamplighters raised $10,000 for the purchase of two automatic door openers. The openers recently were installed in the Baer Center for Assisted Living on a door leading outside to a courtyard. Thanks to the new additions,...