Transforming Resident Care
Dynamic Infection Prevention Program
Additional COVID-19 Measures & Protocols
The health and well-being of all in our care at MMC is our top priority. To maintain a safe environment and protect our residents and staff during COVID-19, we rigorously follow all infection control protocols stipulated by the PA Department of Health and U.S. Centers for Disease Control, as well as other local health authorities. We also have implemented the following steps.
Screening & Testing
- Screening for anyone entering the Founders and Warwick Woodlands Campus
- Point of Care testing for residents and staff when outbreak and/or exposure to COVID-19 occurs
- Strategic placement of residents in private or semi-private rooms with separate bathroom facilities to decrease the spread
- Color-coded system for care areas to indicate the status of cases, symptoms, or quarantining
- Any residential living residents exposed or testing positive self-quarantine for 10 days in their homes
- Any employees testing positive self-quarantine per guidance from PA Department of Health under direction of MMC’s Infection Preventionist
Mask & PPE Protocol
- Masks required for everyone on campus and additional personal protective equipment (PPE) worn by all who enter resident rooms
- Creation of donning / doffing stations (putting on and taking off PPE) for red zone areas
New Cleaning Measures
- Scientific Air Management – Developed exclusively for health care settings, the Scientific Air 400 eliminates 99.995% of airborne pathogens
- HEPA filtration units, used in resident rooms positive for COVID or with symptoms, to minimize air-borne transmission and create negative pressure
- Protexus Electrostatic Sprayer – Advanced disinfection technology where surfaces are disinfected with electrically charged particles for uniform, complete coverage
- Daily 2x disinfection of all high-touch surfaces throughout the facility by our highly trained Environmental Services staff
- Sanitizing stations at surveillance kiosks/ entry areas and throughout the skilled nursing areas to promote safety and reduce transmission potential
- Post-quarantine sanitation via Metzger machine
A more comprehensive account of the COVID-19 measures we’ve implemented throughout the pandemic is available in our CEO’s COVID-Updates.
Recognition for Outstanding COVID Prevention Work
PA Dept. of Health Epidemiology for Low Positivity Rate
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, MMC was recognized by the PA Dept. of Health Epidemiology partners for outstanding work in minimizing the spread of this highly contagious novel virus, among those who are the most vulnerable – elders in nursing centers. Within Lancaster County, PA, we maintained one of the lowest positivity/infection rates.
PA Dept. of Health Partnership/Serology Study
Early in the pandemic, we partnered together to share ideas about our pandemic journey. We also shared what MMC was doing to stand apart from our peers in meeting the demands of this unprecedented public health crisis. Our performance afforded us the unique opportunity to again work directly with the PA Dept. of Health analyzing data and partnering in a serology study with both residents and our team to detect antibodies specific to the virus that causes COVID-19. This ongoing relationship affords us continued partnership with the Epidemiology office for an additional serology study in the Spring 2021.