Pursue the Road to a
Short-Term Rehabilitation in The Health Center
- Private and companion rooms
- Bed, dresser, nightstand, and chair provided
- Safety-equipped bathroom, some with zero-entry walk-in tiled European shower
- Cable, telephone, and wireless Internet access
- Emergency call system linked to a nurses’ station
- Country kitchen serving three freshly cooked meals a day, served restaurant style with accommodations for special dietary needs
- Lounges for visiting with family and friends
Why Rehab with us?
Rehabilitation Services at Moravian Manor Communities include comprehensive, individualized therapy programs, designed and delivered by certified professionals, using the best physical, speech and occupational rehabilitation practices. We focus on maximizing independence for patients, whether they need short-term or extended rehabilitation therapy.
Specialized Services & Therapeutic Modalities
- Electrical stimulation
- Light therapy
- LSVT Loud®
- Myofascial Release
- NOVUS Pain Management
- Vital Stim
Types of Rehabilitative Therapy
- Physical Therapy – Our Physical Therapy is specifically designed to help individuals return to a previous level of activity. Therapy focuses on improving movement, strength, balance, and functional ability as well as reducing pain. Examples of conditions that may require PT: post-surgical joint replacement, knee ligament injury, lymphedema management, osteoporosis, broken bones, stroke, and sciatica.
- Occupational Therapy – We take a holistic approach to occupational therapy, focusing on restoring a patient’s ability to perform necessary daily activities and tasks. Therapy may include improving fine motor skills, restoring balance, or teaching the use of adaptive equipment to increase functional ability. Examples of conditions that may require OT: arthritis, low vision post-surgical joint replacement, brain injury, burns, heart attack, stroke.
- Speech Therapy – Speech therapy addresses difficulties with communicating and/or swallowing by restoring prior skills and/or teaching new techniques. Therapy may utilize Vital Stim, which targets the muscles used for swallowing. Our Speech-Language Pathologists also are certified in LSVT Loud® treatment for patients with Parkinson’s disease. Examples of conditions that may require ST: dysphagia, brain injury, stroke, hearing impairment, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, MS