Pursue Independence with
The Baer Center for Assisted Living
Located on our Founders Campus, the Baer Center is a vibrant neighborhood designed to support and enhance residents’ independence. With five levels of care available, you or a loved one can age in place here more comfortably, for a longer time with added safety and security.
High Quality Care from a Skilled Team
At the Baer Center, we understand that personal care and assistance with daily activities are essential for a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle. We are here to ensure that you or a loved one receives the care needed while maintaining a homelike environment. Our qualified team of caring staff includes an Assisted Living Administrator and Clinical Coordinator, who are committed to providing the highest level of care and support.
The Bear Center team also includes Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) who are available to assist residents with bathing, dressing, transportation to and from meals, and activities on campus as well as other wellness needs as requested. Having CNAs are unique to the assisted living setting…most communities have non-certified staff in assisted living. Another unique aspect of the program is that nurses in the Baer Center are on duty 24-hours a day, allowing residents to receive clinical oversight and assistance.
An Engaged Life
Engagement and socialization are vital components of a happy and fulfilling life. We offer a wide range of social programs and activities to promote mental and physical stimulation as well as foster a sense of community and connectivity among residents. The Baer Center Activity Coordinator keeps residents active and engaged with arts and crafts, exercise classes, cooking workshops, gardening opportunities, and much more. For dining, the Maple View Dining Room and Gallery Café provide delightful culinary experiences, ensuring that every meal is a satisfying and enjoyable one.
What's the difference between Assisted Living and Personal Care?
Until a few years ago, in the state of PA, assisted living and personal care were essentially the same thing. Seniors and families looking for “assisted living” sought assistance with personal care as well as meals, housekeeping and transportation. However, these communities were licensed by the state of Pennsylvania as Personal Care Homes. Under a Personal Care license, care is limited to general health maintenance and assistance with personal care. When an individual required a level of care beyond that, they would transition to skilled nursing, where the cost could exceed 2-3 times more than in personal care.
To bridge the gap between personal care and skilled nursing, Pennsylvania Department of Long-Term Living introduced a license for Assisted Living Residences in 2011. While assisted living provides similar care to personal care, assisted living also has the capability to provide acute medical care. This helps lower the cost of care for residents needing advanced care, but not yet skilled nursing care.
What are the benefits of Assisted Living?
- Personal care and assistance with activities of daily living
- Care services can adapt to changing needs (in-home care is available)
- A home-like environment providing safety and security
- Active engagement in numerous social programs and activities
- Response staff available 24/7 to meet needs
- Less expensive approach to skilled nursing care
Short-Stay Respite Care
Moravian Manor Communities offers short-stay Respite Care in the Baer Center for Assisted Living to give caregivers a chance to take a needed break and ensure their loved one receives continuity of quality care.
We understand that caregiving for an aging parent, relative or friend can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience, yet be stressful and hard on both parties. Short-stay guests at the Baer Center benefit from all the same services and amenities available to residents here. Respite care provides an array of services including:
- Assistance: personal care, activities of daily living, medication management, staff available 24/7 to meet needs
- Comfortable private room: home-like environment providing safety and security
- Companionship & community life: social, educational and cultural programs from which the guest can decide to participate in with other residents at their own leisure
- Meals: a variety of dining options offering balanced, nutritious dishes cooked on-site
- Transportation: to doctors’ appointments and sometimes even local shopping
If you’re considering assisted living as a long-term solution, a respite stay also allows prospective residents to experience life in the Baer Center as well as help you feel more confident with first-hand knowledge that they are in good hands.
Suite & Room Features
- Private suites with a bedroom, living room and kitchenette with a breakfast bar and walk-in closet
- Private rooms with refrigerator/microwave
- Carpeted living areas
- Safety-equipped bathroom with zero-entry walk-in tiled European shower
- Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
- Phone line, cable jack, and wireless Internet access
- 24-hour security / emergency call system
Amenities & Services
- Active community life with social, educational and cultural opportunities
- Community living room with activity kitchen
- Gathering spaces with fireplaces
- Dining options include the Maple View Dining Room, Gallery Café or take-out meals
- Outdoor courtyards and front porch
- Personalized door-to-door mail delivery and daily door-to-door newspaper delivery
- Access to physical, occupational, and speech therapy services
- Housekeeping, linen and towels, laundry service available
- Laundry room on each floor for residents who desire to do their own laundry
- Priority access to Moravian Manor Communities’ Health Center
Becoming a resident is as easy as…
COMPLETE AN APPLICATION
CHOOSE YOUR ROOM STYLE
SCHEDULE A DATE TO MOVE IN